Wednesday 18 March 2015

Searching for job opportunities

Part of this project is to research into job opportunities, I will be focusing on small photography jobs or a studio assistant, this is because I don't think I am t the standard yet were big companies will be hiring me. I want to use this opportunity to learn from other photographers or self teach myself by taking up small photography jobs.

The first place I looked was on indeed.co.uk, this is a well known ob searching website and I have friends who do photography and have gotten jobs by using this website. I decided that I would search for jobs in Salford therefore its around uni and in term time.

One that stuck out for me on this search was an apprentice vacancy, the description states that I would be learning from this experience, it also states that you have had to of studied photography at a college or degree level. The only downfall for this is that fact that the peer has to be flexible, which I am not, therefore this wouldn't be suitable for me.  

I then decided to search for the Southport area, as this is my true home town and I will be spending all of the holidays there. Although this pulled up results that also weren't suitable for me.

I decided to broaden my search and I thought about things that I have always wanted to do, I had always wanted to photograph animals or work at a shelter to I went to the manchester dogs home website to see if there was any vacancies for a photographer. Luckily, there is a vacancy for a photography although it is a voluntary job, but I see this as an opportunity to gain experience and images for my portfolio. It states on the website that the photographers job is to photograph the dogs but also the events that they host, and I am quite interested in event photography.

Although this application has nothing to do with fashion or art, it is a new set of skills that I can obtain, this is very important if I want to become a photographer on a cruise ship. I will most likely be going for this job as its something that I have always wanted to do and will add to my skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment