Wednesday 18 March 2015

Creative Hive

CreativeHive is a collective space where creative people can present their work as well as search for people in different industries who may be interested in collaborating. Creating a Hive space will give me the chance to show off my work and look at other peoples too, its a digital portfolio.

When you create your account, it takes you to a control panel which has options that you can put on your Hive space, it also ticks it off if you have done it, as you can see below:
This proved to be very useful as I wanted to make sure that I will have a professional looking digital portfolio.

I decided to start with writing a small about me in the about me section, this is just a brief intro to who I am and what I do, below is what I wrote and how it looks on my page:

  I then wrote a longer about me which explained a lot more, I posted this as a blog entry. I thought it would be a good way to start the blog. I wanted to explain how I got my passion for photography:

The next thing I decided to do was to add my social media websites to my Hive space. Social media plays a big part in the photography industry as people will always want to see how active you are within the industry. I had already set up a facebook page before this project and I linked it in, but I didn't have a Professional Twitter, only a personal one. Therefore I decided it would be best to make a Twitter to promote myself, I then linked it in.
I added all of this information into the contact page:
 There also clickable links at the bottom of each page which lead to my email, twitter and facebook page.

I then wanted to add some of my images to the page so I thought the best way to do this was to embed my flickr into the hive space, therefore my flickr will appear as a slide show and run on its own, although there are buttons which the viewer can press to see other images, it is also a clickable link which will take you to my flickr.

I thought it would be a good idea to add my CV to the digital profile, therefore people can see my education and skills, I converted my CV into a JPEG image and posted it on a blog post. I titled the blogpost "CV" 


My Hive space now has plenty of information about me and ways to contact me if anyone wanted to collaborate. I will continue to update this website as a lot of people from my university are on this and one day they might need a photography and I plan on being reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment